At least 10 people, including a child, were shot in Toronto on Sunday (Jul 22) and the gunman was dead, Canadian news agencies reported.
According to Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders, 15 individuals were shot in the incident, including the shooter who was wielding a handgun. The circumstances of his death.
Paramedics said numerous victims, including a child, had been rushed to trauma centres, however, there was no immediate word on their conditions.
Paramedics, firefighters and police converged on the shooting in Toronto's east end, which has many popular restaurants, cafes and shops. Toronto Councillor Paula Fletcher said for this to happen in an area where families gather for dinner is a tragedy.
The other 12 people are being treated at the hospital - all victims were struck by gunfire.
Another witness told CTV he estimated the gunman fired about 20 shots.
Paramedics described Sunday's shooting as a "mass casualty incident".
Witnesses said they heard 25 gunshots, the news website reported. Local media reports suggest that the shooting took place outside a restaurant.
"We just ran. We saw people starting to run so we just ran", he said.
"Guns are too readily available to too many people", he said.
In a statement on Twitter, Premier Doug Ford said "My heart goes out to the victims and loved ones of the horrific act of gun violence in Toronto".